WHO IS PHIL?
Phil Lowe is a coach and facilitator with 27 years’ experience of helping leaders find and act on their authentic selves. He is fired up by helping individuals find then “sweet spot” between who they really are and who their organisation needs them to be. He works a lot with individuals struggling to navigate their way through transitions which challenge their identity and sense of self.
Phil Holds a BA (Hons) in English from Cambridge University, an MSc in Organisational Behaviour from London University and an MA in Screenwriting from University of the Arts London. He is licensed in the use of the Myers-Briggs Types Indicator, Insights Discovery, The FIRO measures, the Strengths Deployment Inventory, Thinking Styles, and the EQ-i measure of emotional intelligence.
He has co-authored two books on management development, and was co-deviser and writer of seven series of the business-based panel game The Board Game for BBC Radio 4. He has featured as a pundit on BBC Breakfast (BBC1) Today (Radio 4) and Newstalk (Radio 5 Live)
- One-to-one coaching on personal impact, career development and leadership style. Clients include talent pool, functional specialists promoted to general management, and leaders up to chief executive level in private, public and voluntary sector.
- Working with Operational leaders to help them broaden their perspective and develop the leadership behaviours necessary to lead their teams and functions effectively
- Writing bespoke videos and mini-plays reflecting organisational issues which can be redirected by participants as a basis for discussion of behavioural/leadership issues.
- Using ‘clinic’ role plays to help individuals practise difficult leadership situations.
- Supporting senior teams through developing not only internal team dynamics but also their strategies and performance management approaches for the wider organisation.
- Designing and running interactive workshops – with self-directed learning support materials – to support culture changes in organisations (for example, embedding a new set of values and behaviours).
A selection of current and recent clients
- BP (11 years)
- Barclays (20 years)
- The NHS (20 years)
- The Civil Service (10 years)
- Neste (Finland) (3 years)
- Assurety (5 years)
- McKinsey (1 year)
- Facebook (1 year)
- Napp Pharmaceuticals (5 years)